As of today you can have an infinite drawing canvas in your pocket! This major update highlights the core idea behind SyncSpace by helping you share visual ideas with anyone, anywhere. And as always with SyncSpace, others can contribute their sketches and ideas to your canvas in real-time.
SyncSpace is now a universal app, which means it works on your iPad, iPhone or iPod touch. It also means that if you’ve already purchased SyncSpace for iPad, you can download the same app to run on all of your other iOS (5 or higher) devices without any extra charge.
SyncSpace on the iPhone has all the features from the iPad, including external display (AppleTV/AirPlay, VGA and HDMI) support (great for teaching & presentations), an unlimited number of collaborators, freehand drawing, embedded text and images. It’s the best place to keep your idea sketches, but now it can stay with you wherever you go.
Here’s a complete list of the improvements in this update:
★ SyncSpace now works on your iPhone and iPod touch in addition to on the iPad. You now have a pocket-able sketchpad that can share in real-time with anyone anywhere! (works great for brainstorming with colleagues from the gym!)
★ Palm/wrist-protection on the iPad. SyncSpace will automatically detect and ignore the extraneous touches produced by resting your palm or wrist on the screen while writing.
★ Line-width matching! Line widths will be matched to the width of nearby lines that have been drawn using the same line style. This helps keep your sketches nice and clean, even if you do a lot of zooming.
★ Improved HTML5 viewer for shared drawings. Shared drawings can be viewed in any web browser with real-time updates and full zooming! Drawings opened in a browser can be added to your iPhone or iPad’s home screen for quick access. You can even embed a zoomable, updating view of a drawing into your own web pages!
From Previous Updates:
★ Drawings can now be rotated using a twist gesture. Use two fingers to rotate (or zoom/pan) your sketch. Rotation will snap to 90 degree angles.
- External displays now smoothly animate viewpoints when panning and zooming around a drawing
- Improved zooming and panning behaviour when the outer limits are reached
- Extended the zooming limits to a ridiculous degree
- Improved rotation handling on iOS 6
- Improved text entry; especially with respect to colour selection
- With items selected, the zoom-to-extents button will zoom to show the selected items instead of the entire drawing
- Improved speed and reliability of real-time sharing, especially when operating through proxies or networks that modify HTTP requests (bad mobile networks!)
- Opening drawing URLs now supports URL fragments that specify the location in the drawing to show
- Drawings opened from URLs now open more quickly and show a progress bar for the initial load
- Improved document password entry screen
- No more crashing when zooming so far out of an image that it is less than one pixel in size
- Fix a bug which prevented reopening the same drawing from a URL after deleting the previous copy in the same session
- Improved iOS 6 compatibility
- Fixed bug in which many dashed lines looked like a string of sausages
- Fixed a couple of crashes. Sorry about that!
If you like using SyncSpace, please submit a review in the app store!