It’s been an exciting weekend for us at The Infinite Kind- one of us is at SXSW and the rest were hard at work polishing up and releasing the first preview build of Moneydance 2011. So what’s new?
- Streamlined downloaded transaction matching, combining the best of the 2008 and 2010 strategies.
- Split register view- see unconfirmed transactions separate from or combined with your register.
- Automatic “best guess” categorization of all downloaded transactions.
- One click links to your bank’s website for easy downloading.
- New reports, standardization of current report formatting, and allowing transfers to be included in the income and expense report.
- Automatically saving the last settings of your reports, even if they’re not memorized.
- Improvements to printing, including the ability to print your budget.
- My personal favorite, cumulative stacked graphs in both the Income and the Expenses graphs.
- Many more smaller visual and behind-the-scenes improvements.
Please keep in mind this preview build is beta software and may contain bugs, but if you’d like to check it out or help us test you can download Moneydance 2011 here. For those of you who’d prefer to hold out for the full release, we’ll post again when it’s available. As always, you can install the Moneydance Updater extension to be automatically notified when a new preview (or stable) release is available.