I’m happy to say that Moneydance 2017.6 is now available for download as well as on the Mac App Store! This version includes a bevy of improvements and bug fixes.
Here’s the list of changes:
- Improved investment portfolio screen layout
- Updated Stock Quotes and Exchange Rate updater to use Alphavantage.co
- Streamline online banking setup process
- Tweak connection headers to satisfy BBVA Compass online banking server
- Improve interface for opening a synced file
- When finding autocompletion matches, allow matches from other accounts if no similar transactions were found in the current account
- Updated Python interpreter to version 2.7.1
- Added CA certificates to enable connections to more online services including Alphavantage.co, Capital One Investing, and others.
- Fixed translate currencies tool window
- Mute dropbox notifications when writing sync files unless debug flag is set (such as when console window is open)
- Security detail transaction register now remembers column width settings
- Clicking the blank area at the bottom of a register (such as in the reconciliation window) no longer treats it as a click on the last transaction
- Fixed bug that prevented changing the rate for an existing currency or security history entry via the API (such as the Security Price Entry extension)
- Improvements to online transaction confirmation options (removing redundant merge option)
- Better handle erroneous transactions when loading data to prevent sync loops
- Tweak mac app bundle info to workaround missing menubar on high sierra in non-English locales
- Fix About Moneydance window to always show the correct build number
- Fix Welcome to Moneydance window to always show the correct build number
- Work around macOS High Sierra bug that caused a crash when certain file chooser windows are invoked
- Fix bug preventing correct entry of share values for securities with 10 or more digits
- Fix bug preventing auto-categorisation of downloaded transactions that have a very short (under 4 characters) description
Thanks to all of our wonderful customers for providing feedback and helping us continue to improve Moneydance!